Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lucky, Hot, Doctor

Hello, dearest reader!

For this post, we're gonna take a jump back a few months...and by a few I mean like nine or ten.  Maybe that's lame, but I really feel like chronicling all of my fun adventures, even if they already happened.

This one takes us back to Halloween '11.  My friends and I have this goal to create extremely unique, fun, matching group costumes for our unofficial departmental Halloween bash every year.  We like the attention it gives us...ha.

Freshman year was pretty hard with four girls...  We wanted to be clever while attempting not to be too skank-a-licious.  Therefore we went in the polar opposite direction:

Overalls, dyed green with heart-face-cutouts to be...
A FOUR-LEAF CLOVER

Very modest, and after all...Modest is hottest.  LoL...
Anyways, the costume went over great.

Alice and her talking...clover?

So like I said, that took some cleverness on our part, and I am happy to claim responsibility for the spark.  As I am with this one.

This year we added a FIFTH person to our numbers, making the task of a group costume even harder.  Luckily, I love Taco Bell, and had recently become acquainted with the new flavors of Verde and Fire-Roasted.  Therefore, voila!  Taco Sauce Girls.  I sewed the dresses and my friend, L'AmberLee printed out the text, logo, and catchphrase bubble.  We each got to choose our favorite catchphrase.  In my single-girl stupor I chose "Single Hot Sauce Seeking Friendship, Maybe More"... yeah....

Are we HOT or WHAT???


A little less modest, but still covering all the important things.  What was really fun was eating at Taco Bell before-hand, picking up handfulls of our respective sauces and hiding them all over the party house.  One host (my now boyfriend) is still a little sore over how long it took to recover all of them...  It's a fun topic to bring up.  :P

Stupid fake-sorority pose

Pre-gaming at Taco Bell

It's like looking in a mirror!

Once again, it was a bit of a hit with the department fransss.  And by that I mean that we took a lot of pictures.

L'AmberLee, my Little and Me!

Me and The Doctor
AKA:  A DREAM COME TRUE

Along with for the most part, sewing all of our taco sauce dresses, I also took some time to head to the local Goodwill with my good pal Stephen to pull together an outfit the Doctor would think was BRILLIANT.  Sonic Screwdriver included. :)

Can't wait for next year...It'll be hard to top this last one, but I've got a pretty good card up my sleeve... ;)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment