Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man Midnight Premiere

My friend and I have been gossiping over and anticipating the release of the Amazing Spider-Man for a little over a year now.  Of course we were set on going to a midnight premiere, in IMAX 3D, but the day of I got the sudden urge to dress up.  I've always wanted to do that sort of thing.  I've always been in silent awe of Comic-con and supercon and all the personalities with the guts to cosplay at them.  Every year I attended a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movie premiere, I wanted to dress up.  I used to as a young girl for the Harry Potter book releases, but I guess I let myself feel like I outgrew it.  I've done a little bit more with dressing up this past year, wearing Hogwarts inspired clothes last summer at HP7.2 and making shirts for Hunger Games.  This day though, I wanted to throw caution to the wind.  I had a blonde wig lying around, so I texted my friend and asked if he would dress like Peter Parker if I dressed like Gwen Stacy.  Agreed.  

I started with this awesome picture of Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield from the new movie.  


I love this picture.  They're so wrapped up in each other.  :)  And this look is so good for Gwen.  Transfers perfectly to the comics too.



So we start with my wig.  I knew I'd need a headband too.


The wig ended up a bit too dark...okay, a lot.  But I'd just have to deal with it.  And anyways, I'm a little darker myself so it looked pretty good.  As for the headband, I wanted something a little less comical...I'd stop by a Walgreens for a thinner one later.

Next was the clothes.  I couldn't really see much other than Emma Stone's coat, skirt, and boots.  And I was not about to wear a turtle neck like the drawing - especially not in Texas in July!  So I went with a knit to keep with the texture, but a sleeveless boatneck collared cut.  I had this cute Anthropologie skirt and some brown tall boots, so the hardest part turned out to be pretty simple.  All I was missing was her trenchcoat.  I have a modern looking tan raincoat, but the cut is a little wrong...  I wasn't the biggest fan of it but, since the sky looked cloudy and gray, I took it along.


So I headed to Dallas, helped my friend pick out his outfit after he got off of work and soon enough we were at the theatre!  We stood in line for about two hours, and they gave us free T-shirts and posters!  We were the only people to dress up.  Well aside from a little boy in a spidey suit...but he was a kid so it was different.  


THE MOVIE WAS SO SPECTACULAR.  I have no complaints.  Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are two of my favorite actors of this generation and the rest of the cast was flawless.  I was so sad to walk out of the theatre, knowing it was time to put Gwen Stacy away...at least until next time!  I can't wait for the sequel!!!  I'm definitely dressing up for premieres more often.  I'm so glad my friend and I could share this experience.  It was a great night and well worth the wait.  


No comments:

Post a Comment