Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another 90's Reboot

So, I have really been addicted to catching up on all the wonderful projects on Refashionista.net.  I so wish I had looked at this girl's stuff sooner.  It's great.  And it got my own creative juices flowing.

See, I love Goodwill and vintage stores and thrift stores and all that.  But sometimes I have lapses in judgment.  Like this:

No, really...what was I thinking?

I mean it's not that bad, but it was not meant for this decade.  But it obviously has some potential.
Like there are some things I love about this dress:  The pattern, the weight of the fabric, the buttons.
Looks like this 90's dress is getting a reboot.

First things first:

Chop, chop!

I left the back a bit longer, mainly because I tend to like shirts swooping more there so you don't have plumber cracks showing in inopportune moments.  Look how much better it is already!


BUT!  Still a bit baggy.  I flipped it inside out and was about to throw it on my mannequin when this caught my eye.

Half serged, half not?

Looks like someone else was trying to fix this baby up at some point.  Anywho, carrying on.  I threw it on my mannequin inside out and decided I just needed about an inch taken in on each side.  So a little pinning here, a little stitching there...



And voila! A super cute new top for the summer!  It's lightweight, it's a fun pattern, and I have enough leftover material from that skirt to make up a sash for the waist!


The photo booth pics ended up a little dark so I took some extra close-ups.  


This is an addicting little hobby...I'm gonna keep on this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment