Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flirty Fun Dress

So my next refashioning project has been eating at me for a while...


I got this skirt initially for the fun retro pattern and light flowy material.
Then it ended up being reversible to boot!  

Unfortunately it isn't exactly the height of fashion.
My biggest complaint is that it's just too long.
It would have been easy enough to shorten it,
but I really didn't feel like chopping it off.
Mainly because I couldn't think of a cute top to go with it anyways.
I tried gathering it in places to show off the second layer,
but that didn't really work for me either.  

It ended up being super easy to fix actually.
I guess I was so caught up on trying big solutions that I missed the simple one.
Pull it up and make it a dress!


The retro polka dots and flared hem really gives the dress a flirty feel.  
I really love it now.  And the best part...?

IT'S STILL REVERSIBLE!

If I want to be a little more subdued or classy, 
but still want a little flirty polkadot or two showing, I just flip it inside out!  
Plus, the black gives me the opportunity to wear my favorite Betsey Johnson heels.  

SUPER CUTE, RIGHT???


So all in all, simple solution, two dresses, 
and if I'm ever in need of a little-more-than-knee length skirt, I'm not out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment