Thursday, July 12, 2012

BADWOLF Mug


So I started my crafting journey featured in today's blog in hopes of obtaining this...


 OH MY GOD IT SAYS BADWOLF I LOVE DOCTOR WHO SO MUCH!!!

If you know me, you know that my favorite show right now is the new series of DOCTOR WHO (oooooweeeeoooooooooo).  Love it love it love it.  I even got BADWOLF put on the back of my department jersey for Baylor Theatre.

GET IT???  10???  Because Tennant is my favorite.

I am kinda obsessed.  If I had money to blow, I'd buy all of the memorabilia ever made...but I'm a po' college student...
Oh right!  Back to the project!  I found this on pinterest...

AHHHH IT'S SO COOL

But it's 18 bucks.  I didn't wanna pay 18 bucks...I'm po'...

I recently broke one of four coffee mugs resembling this exact shape though.  And what do you get when you take four and subtract one?  Three!  And three is an odd number.  And I can't do that.  I'm a tad OCD, coffee mugs should have pairs, they should be even.  That's that.  So I had a spare mug to do whatever I wanted to with.  

I chose to do this.  I wanted a BADWOLF mug.  The original crafter used paint, but I know an easier way...

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

  • Coffee Mug
  • Sharpie
  • Oven


1.  Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit



2.  Take your Sharpie and Coffee Mug.


3.  Draw your design.

4.  Place your Coffee Mug (with design drawn) in the oven, and heat for 30 minutes.

5.  After 30 minutes, turn off oven.  Let mug cool before removing.

YAY OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY!  BRILLIANT!

Awesome new mug for me!  Money saved!  All things I had lying around already!

I'd say this craft was a win.  So to celebrate I brewed up some tea, poured it in my mug and watched some Doctor Who.

BADWOLF I'M SO LEGIT

If you'd like to keep this on hand in an easy to access way, here's a little photo I found somewhere online.  

Not my own creation.  Not claiming authority over it.  


Enjoy.  And most importantly...

Allons-y!!!



1 comment: