Monday, December 24, 2012

At the End of the Day...



Today the boy and I drove up to Bankston Ford one last time to get his new truck inspected. And as my reward for being such a patient girlfriend, we got In-N-Out!

Inaugural In-N-Out Experience

2x4 Animal Style with Fries Well Done, thank you!
(The Well Done fries weren't that great…)

According to the boy, nothing is better than Whataburger, but it beats Wendy's…

…thanks, babe.

Now we're back at his place.  It's Christmas Eve, a day to be lazy and thankful for family and anticipating the celebration of Jesus' birth. I have a lot of cards to sign and presents to wrap...  #procrastination

We'll be heading to the 7 o'clock candlelight service tonight.

AND THEN


TONIGHT at TEN O'CLOCK I'm seeing LES MISERABLES!!! I am so excited!!! This is the most powerful musical I have ever seen. It changed my life.



Lets watch a few clips to further prepare.





And let's listen to my favorite tear-jerker, One Day More.


And of course, as an aspiring costume designer, I had to watch this bit.  I must say his rendering style is interesting.



Only a few more hours!!!

~*~

10/1 - 7

The first week of October brought the second week of performances of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.  It also brought my last week of rehearsals for Eastern Standard.

Let me explain.

I am in a class at Baylor known as Beginning Directing.  Members of the Junior class cast other students from the department in a scene from a play that they analyze and present to the department.  I was the first scene of the first group of this semester of Beginning Directing and I chose a scene from Richard Greenberg's "Eastern Standard."

Eastern Standard is the story of two sets of friends who meet in a restaurant fiasco and continue on to face the trials of work, life, and love.

It was such a fun experience.  As I had such wonderful actors to work with.

We had two weeks of rehearsals followed by our performance on October 5.  It went splendid.  The entire group of directors was super strong.

Here's my cast list - crafty cast lists are kinda a thing...

Final Dress

Friend Directors!

Me and my GORGEOUS Cast


 The more important part of the week was that my boy came in for his Fall Break and we got to go dancing just like the good ol' days.

I love him


~*~

10/8 - 14

Sadly on Tuesday morning I was once again alone.  But not for long!  It was finally

BAYLOR UNIVERSITY'S PARENTS WEEKEND!


My family was here!  (And this was the first Parents Weekend for my stepdad, Jay.)


Brother and Sister reunited.


The first night we went to After Dark, Baylor's annual talent show.  And that pretty much summed up the night.  Haha.  We were tired.

The next day we went to early morning Meet the Teacher blah-blah-blah.  Then we had to do some homework with the brother.

Nevada was doing a project on Indians (although for the life of me I can't remember the specific tribe…) and he needed to make a diorama.  We went to Hobby Lobby and got to work.


It's a family effort

Eventually we got to a stand-still and took time to go watch the BU vs. TCU game...

We're wet and we're losing, but we're okay!

Well, we lost, but I got to spend time with my family.  And we put together a pretty sweet diorama for Nevada.

Go, team!

~*~

CRAFT TIME

Of course, I'm a sucker for all things miniature.  So when we were buying Nevada little things for the diorama, I had to get some for myself.



I got these little pieces: a dress form, an antique singer, fabric, scissors, patterns, and a measuring tape.

I knew I'd need some sort of a table, so I bought some little squares and some pegs as well.



I'd also need some sort of a background... I figured a patterned piece of scrap booking paper that I like would work.



It was pretty much smooth sailing from there. I put it all in a 4x6 shadowbox and...



TAH-DAH!

I'm so very happy at how this turned out. It's a little reminder of my wonderful job and what I love.

~*~

Well guys, I've got to get pretty for tonight.

Until next time,
The FeltWoman 

No comments:

Post a Comment