Thursday, December 20, 2012

My GIFt to You: Actual Posts tainted by pop culture references...



HELLO READER!  Oh my goodness has it been awhile or WHAT???

I am so sorry that I am awful at updating my blog.   I'm so ashamed...


Oh well.  Life gets in the way sometimes...

image

Speaking of life.

We gotta go BACK IN TIME for this blog post.

By the way, it's my desire that any time I say BACK IN TIME in this post, you automatically think of this. 


If you know what I mean, I applaud you.

If you don't know what this is.


Not really.  Sorry guys I'm a little gif happy today.

8/6 - 12

Sunday, August 5, was MOVE-OUT/MOVE-IN day.  I had to be out of my apartment by noon Monday, but I wasn't supposed to move in to my new apartment until August 10…  #awkward.  BUT luckily, with some nice help from the office on move-in days, we managed to get it all taken care of in one day.  And by we I mean my mom (who had a cast on her leg), brother (who was ten), and myself.  I mean, everything was still in boxes, but it was still very impressive.  We hired some guys to help move heavier items later in the day, and I have some great neighbors who were REALLY helpful.  They rock.


But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I had to bask in this wonderful moment for a while.  Here we go.  Phase by phase.

Ohmygod!  My first steps!

Such a big living room for one girl!

I have appliances!

And a place to do necessary things.

I'm gonna sleep in this room…just not now.

Acting as though I have a good view… I don't.  The only con.

So Monday, instead of being move-out day, was unpack crap/get Mom's cast off day!  We went back home and then to Katy to have the nice medical people cut the plaster off of her leg.  The next step was her nifty boot.  Which she said reminds her of Star Wars gear…

What my mom was wearing…

 
What she thinks she was wearing...

Tuesday was a big day for me in Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo land.  Some of you may know that I am a provisional-ish member of the Speakers Committee.  We travel to schools and give speeches on Texas Western Heritage and the Rodeo.  But as rookies we have to get our speeches approved.  So on Tuesday I went to Reliant Center to present my twenty-minute speech on Country/Western Music so that I could be approved.  Technically I can't give the speech until January due to my being under the age limit, but I was able to begin observing speeches.  It's a process.

I swear, this is my last one.

So anyway.  MY APARTMENT.  Let's jump back to that whole process.

I did not have a bed.  My new apartment came unfurnished so I was a little behind schedule on that part…  Also, it's a one bedroom/one bathroom and there were (again) three of us.  Sleeping arrangements were…interesting.  And the apartment was not looking too hot.


But with a little time and effort, I got this little sweet number.




        
My mantle looks gorgeous in candlelight…                    I HAVE THE EXPLODING TARDIS ON MY WALL!!!

And eventually, I even got a bed!


I have an apartment, and it's all mine!  Mine alone!  Except when the boy is here, then it's kinda his, but since that's a rareity, it's MINE!

Not only is it an apartment, but it has wifi AND BBCAMERICA! (I mean it has other channels too, but this was the huge selling point.)  It's 2+ minutes form campus by car and it is my much needed sanctuary.  I LOVE IT.

CRAFT TIME

And here is my little bit of craft for this post.  I needed some shelves.  But I wasn't about to go and buy more stuff after getting all the necessities for an apartment.

I did have one of these hanging around though:


It's a spinning top game.  Well mine was a lot older than this one.  And it didn't have the little pegs.  I also don't have spinning tops.  #sorry

It seems this was a bit of a dated piece of play.  That's alright though.  It was about to get a new life as a cubby shelf.  I called up the boy and he helped to consult me on to the best course of action. 

He suggested I get some of these:

 
Ook Hooks                                                   Mounted D-Rings


I mean, it's pretty simple.  I attached the D-Rings onto the back of the maze, nailed the ook hooks into the wall...

And VOILA!

Such a wonderful place to show off my bottle collection!

I'd say that's a bit of a success.  And it looks so nifty on my wall!

Well, that about covers move in.  

Today I spent all of my day time with the boy searching for a new truck for him…so I'm pooped.  I'll cover 8/13-19, 8/20-26, and 8/27-9/2 in the next post.  

Much love,
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment