Friday, December 21, 2012

Flowers for Algernon…no wait…those are mine.


Hallo!

After sleeping in until about 11 (whoops…), I rode to Arlington for the second day in a row.  In the past week, I have spent about 33 hours in the car.  Euck!  Anyway, today I was in Arlington watching the boy secure his new GMC truck.  AND I secured tickets for the Christmas Eve showing of LES MISERABLES!!!  AKA MY FAVORITE MUSICAL OH MY GOD I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HUGH JACKMAN AS JEAN VALJEAN!!!  We were going to go see Kyle Park at Billy Bob's but instead we just got a nice small dinner, saw some Christmas lights, and hunkered down to watch the BU vs. BYU game on ESPN.

Time to continue on with

SEMESTER IN REVIEW:

8/13 - 19

The week before school brought Welcome Week activities for the incoming freshmen and a few theatre traditions for me.  Such as our wonderful Baylor Theatre Meet-n-greet where you're thrown into a room of people (3/4 of whom you actually know, thankfully) and you walk around trying to make sure you say hi to everyone.

Jason and Kyle were creepily smiling for my candid shot...

8/20 - 26

Classes started up again on the 20th.  Junior Year - waddup?  I was mostly excited to be back with these crazy, gorgeous girls.



Also, the boy sent me these:

I got me a keeper…he knows purple is my favorite.

And finally, after years of waiting, I became a GRANDBIG.  Look at our little family!

2 GrandBigs + 1 Big + 1 Little = 1 Happy BUT Family

But all good things must come to an end, and that end was my car dying on me…

Eponine finally bit the dust...

Two weeks after they had helped me move in, my mom and brother were back, helping me to find a cheap 2-year replacement.

This is the cleanest she's ever been...

Look at all the stickers…so many adventures.

And boy did we find it!  We found our deal!

Hello, gorgeous!

A red 2006 elantra with like 60,000 miles for like 9,000 (and that was before my trade in which knocked at least 1,500 more off).  

It was by no means my dream car, but it was fine for now.

The signing process was hard...

I'm gonna miss Ep-y.

But after, my brother and I had celebratory drinks.

Cheers to new cars and 10 bold flavors!

With my car ordeal good and done, my mother and brother left for home, leaving me to tackle...

8/27 - 9/2

The second week of school.  My friend Ryan's 21st birthday was Thursday! Which meant that Wednesday night a group of us went to Cricket's Bar and Grill and Ryan proceeded to get sch-wasted the night before our design presentation for the musical.  But that's another story.  Point is he was very happy that night.


Friday night was Ryan's rave birthday party.  Black lights, neon paint, white shirts, dubstep:  all of it was there.  It was AWESOME.  Until all of the randos showed up and the cops came.  By the end of the night I was covered in paint and sweat.


The next day I hosted a Harry Potter viewing party!  Just in time for the first day of school at Hogwarts.  Yes, I planned it for that day specifically…I don't care, I'm a dork.  The only problem is it was a day after a full-fledged night of paint, dancing, and drinking as aforementioned, and also half of the department was helping to build a set for a musical.  Still a few good friends showed up and we drank butterbeer and it was good fun.

Hannah and I with some addictive Butterbeer (courtesy of the Pinterest)

Okay, now...
CRAFT TIME

So back to those beautiful flowers that my boy sent me on August 20th.  I could not bring myself to throw them away.  Actually, I still haven't.  So first, I did what I always do to procrastinate.  I hung the bouquet up to dry.  Well after a couple of weeks, that wasn't an option anymore.  Then it hit me: potpourri!  Dried flowers can be stored with herbs on display or in mesh bags as a little thing called potpourri.  Well I had a spare glass bowl so i pulled the petals off of the stems, put them in the bowl and VOILA!  I think this is an awesome way to add shelf-life to floral arrangements you have a fond attachment to.  I've done it three times since.


Thanks for reading, whoever is out there doing so.  I hope I'm not too boring.

Until tomorrow!
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment