Saturday, December 22, 2012

The September Chronicles


Hello, world!

Today the boy and I had some company.  Our friend Justin came in for some shooting. Turns out I'm not too shabby at it. It was a nice, beautiful day. 

I actually did really good at this!

 Later we're heading up north a bit to check out some neighborhoods with exceptional Christmas lights.

9/3 - 9

My weekend of fun was not going to end with the last post, ladies and gents, because Monday, September 3rd was what we call LABOR DAY.  So Shelby and I packed up my car with drinks and chairs and towels, got in our sexy swimsuits and went to Lake Waco.  We stopped for Whataburger, parked the car at the park and got a sweet little spot right in front of the water, and did absolutely nothing else.  


It was such a nice day.  

  


  

And we'd definitely be grateful for this nice relaxing day once school really got under way.

~*~

The next week was pretty mundane…until Saturday.  Saturday was the second annual BUT OLYMPICS!!!  AAAHHHHHH!

So BUT Olympics (or Baylor University Theatre Olympics) is pretty much departmental Field Day.  It is pulled together by the Druids - the Executive Committee of the Baylor University Theatre Student Society.  Each class wears one of the four non-black olympic colors and we participate in four extreme games:  orange-passing, tug-o-war, hula hooping, and water balloon tossing (which is typically followed by a free-for-all water balloon fight).  Last year, my class (the sophomores) wrecked shop.  


Waddup, Juniors.

This year was our time to protect our title as Reigning Champs.  



Tug-o-war was not our best...

Ultimately, we got the job done.




But the most important thing was that the department had fun.



Yay!  Go Druids!

9/10 - 16

Friday was going to be my mom's birthday.  The past couple of years her birthday has fallen around Parent's Weekend at Baylor, so I've been able to celebrate with her.  This year unfortunately Parent's Weekend was scheduled for October.  I needed to be in Houston that morning for a Speaker's Committee event anyway, so I was able to come home Thursday night and be in early for the traditional 

RUNK BIRTHDAY MORNING



Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Basically, the morning of someone's birthday, the rest of the family wakes up early to set up cake, cards, decorations, and presents.


Jay put the "3" of "53" on backwards… lol


After the celebrations I hit the road, driving from Bay City to Calder Road Elementary.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a member of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo's Speaker's Committee…kind of.  Currently, I'm too young to actually be a member, but give that 18 days and I'll be certified.  I'm sort of a provisional member for the time being.  A provisional rookie.

Well, rookies must observe a full day of school speeches before being let loose to give their own.  Even though I wouldn't be able to make any speeches until January, I figured I'd get my observation out of the way.

So from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. I was at Calder Road Elementary watching speeches and getting further educated about Texas Western Heritage.  

  
This was the nicest, most hospitable bathroom ever.

It was such a fun day.  I know that I definitely picked the right committee to go after.  Being able to take a day away from my typical schedule for a day and spend some time talking about the rodeo and western heritage and this great state of Texas…There's not much better than that.  And some of the speeches were just super entertaining.

One guy had a speech on the History of the Rodeo Clown.  By the end of his speech he had about six or seven kids up in front, putting on a little rodeo for the class.


The kids ate it up!  



The rest of the weekend was dedicated to getting Nevada ready for the Rice Festival Pageant on Sunday where he would be competing for Little Mister Rice Festival.  

Look at his snazzy white suit.

I had to go back to Waco before the pageant but pretty soon my mom texted me these photos.

  


HE WON!  This was huge, because my senior year of high school I was in the Rice Festival Queen's Pageant and I won as well.  So we're a bit of a royal family.


  
Rice Festival Royalty over here.  woot!

I'm so proud of that little man.  And he was so happy.

Well, I'm off to see the Christmas lights!  Sorry, friends, no CRAFT TIME today.

Until next week,
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment