Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wake Me Up When September Ends… {The September Chronicles Continue}


Hello, world!

So this will be a bit brief.  There wasn't too much that happened at the end of September.

9/17 - 23

On the 20th, the boy and I had our 6 month anniversary.  And like the good guy he is, he sent me flowers.  Love this guy.


9/24 - 30

The 24th was the first day of dress for Baylor Theatre's 2012 musical "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."
As a workstudy in the costume shop, I helped to build the costumes (per usual) but this was my first show to assistant Costume Design.

"Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" is a newer musical based off of the Steve Martin/Michael Caine movie in which two "dirty rotten scoundrels" scope out the French Riviera for con-work.  The musical is actually pretty funny with some really catchy songs.


I was given the task of designing the choral costumes for the "Oklahoma?" number.


preliminary renderings for one of the cowgirls

 
The Final Results

My design in the display case outside of the theatre!

I'll tell you what, there are few things as rewarding as seeing your own design become a reality.  I was so very happy with the results.  And I got tons of compliments.

copyright Baylor University

Well guys, I don't really know what today holds, but I'm not feeling too hot today so…

Until next time,
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment