Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thanksgiving


Hello World!

Sorry for being a day behind.  Yesterday the boy and I traveled to Sugarland to visit my dad's side of the family and stayed late to have dinner with ERad.  And today was spent in Victoria.

It's been a traveling sort of Christmas Break.

~*~

11/12 - 18

The best way to publicize your show - WhichWhich


So the only exciting thing to happen this week was Hecuba opened.  The boy sent me these of course, because he's the best.



And sure enough the day after opening…  

My best friend who was in the show got hit in the head with a chair in a freak accident and had to go to the E.R.


She was okay in the end.  Minor concussion, and bruising with swelling.  But after a night off, she was back in the show.

~*~

11/19 - 25

Christmas Decorating/Draping 2/Finish Detective Film/Thanksgiving


So this week began with the finishing of the Detective film I was in.


I also had a project to turn in.  Remember that awesome class I'm taking where I make custom clothes? Well this was project number two.

I chose this Edwardian era Queed Maud gown originally worn in 1913 (mainly because I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey and want to fantasize that I'm from the nineteen-teens).



Ugggghhhhh, I love this show.

Even if I am SO MAD AT IT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THE SEASON THREE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL.

So right, the Queen Maud gown.


And here was my final mockup...

Fit for Lady Mary!

And this is me wearing my mock-up.

I could be on Downton!

And then it was

THANKSGIVING BREAK

I hopped on the plane to Minnesota!

I had my traditional T.G.I. Friday's at DFW

And luckily for me...

IT SNOWED!

Bob and Katie (Karen's brother and his wife) came over and we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner.


Airplane with the matchy-match twins.

Saturday Karen, Dad, the girls and I went to Target Arena and saw the Shriner Circus.

The Shriner Circus

So glad that they still do this.  So terrifying and entertaining.

After the circus, we headed to Karen's collegiate hang out spot, Glueck's, where I had a Berliner (or pot roast sandwhich with mushrooms and mozzarella) which was DELICIOUS as we watched the beginning of the Baylor game.


We hit Macy's Santaland and then made our way back to the house to finish the BU vs. TECH game which we WON!

Mac says "Go Bears!"

~*~

Thanks for tuning in, loves,
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment