Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ctrl, Alt, Create


Hello!  Merry Christmas again!  Let's get to it...

~*~

10/15 - 21

The third week of October I had a script reading for a short film I worked on called "Replaced."  I'll get back to that…later.


The weekend was a sad one.  I mentioned during the summer that I lost my Pawpaw in July.  He was in all senses of the word, the patriarch of the Gayle family.  And we were finally having his memorial service.  The family gathered at Beulah park to say goodbye.


But with all of that sadness, I witnessed a miracle.  As I was riding home, thinking about my Pawpaw I saw this.


My Pawpaw had tons of peacocks at his farm.  When I think of Pawpaw, I think of peacocks.  And as I was driving home to Waco, I saw this and I knew my Pawpaw was there.

~*~

CRAFT TIME

So for Halloween this year, Nevada wanted to be America's first Avenger...

CAPTAIN AMERICA


Mom found him a costume at Wal*Mart, but the shields left were…pathetic.  Instead she bought this

All we really needed was the lid, but who doesn't need a metal trashcan lying about?

First we took the lid off and used pliers to bend the handle back on the inside, which allowed us to pull the handle clean off.


It wasn't off for long, though.  We inserted it back but on the inside.  And hammered it down.


Paint time!  I took some painter's tape and made a star on the center, letting the points of the stars hit 3 circles out from the edge.


Next we filled in a circle around the star in blue.


And circles of red, silver/white, and red.


~*~

10/22 - 28

So as I may or may not have mentioned, I took this wonderful class this year called Advanced Costume Construction.  Throughout the first part of the semester we learned the basic tools and tricks of creating/reconstructing women's clothing.

I mean we could do men's clothing but that's so boring.  :P

Anyways, after learning the basics, we had three projects.  And this was my first.

  

And here is the final product!


I recently bought some periwinkle blue pinstripe fabric to make this into a reality in the coming semester.  I'll keep you posted.

Eliza and I wear our projects…it's a thing.

Saturday was the unofficial departmental Halloween Party.  My besties and I have a tradition of dressing in a group as you may remember.

Well, we lost a couple but this year, we did not fail to deliver.


Sunday while everyone else was sleeping off their drunken Halloween endeavors, I was in Castellaw Communications filming another short film, "The Surgeon and the Professional."  Again, I'll get back to that later.


Detective Thompson, reporting for duty.

Well, th-th-th-that's all folks!

Until next time,
The FeltWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment